You've asked for it, we've heard you, we thought about it and then we made this dream come true ✨ Yes guys, Mechelen is now available in the Poppy zone as a third big city 💥
First thing first, which vehicle will you find there ?
- ⚡️ Our 100% electric minis : the Skoda e-Citigo and the Seat Mii. They are easy to drive, easy to park and silent. The perfect combo to drive around the city.
- ♻️ The Seat Ibiza, running with bioCNG. This one is manual and has two tanks : one for the CNG and one for the gas. Once the first one is empty (CNG), no worries, it will automatically switch to the second tank with gas. Running out of gas ? Refuel at the nearest gas station and send us your invoice to email@example.com. We will refund you and add some credits on your account as a thank you gift.
Is there anything different for Mechelen in Poppy pricing ?
Absolutely not ❌
You can either pay as you go or buy prepaid credits packages directly available in the app 📲 Check our pricing here before starting your next trip.
Don't forget to download the new app btw, otherwise you won't be able to enjoy our crazy offers and you know, the app is your key 🔑
Where is the Poppy zone exactly ? Where can I park ? 🗺
Like always check the map on your app before ending your trip. Want to be sure your destination is in the zone ?
- Go to our website here and scroll down to Mechelen map.
- 👉 Then enter your address and you will directly see if you are in or out of the zone.
- 🅿️ You can park for free in the Poppy zone ! Check your location in the map before ending your trip.
What is so special about Mechelen ? OMG, are you ready ? 🕺🏻
📍 So many markets :
- The "Grote markt" : "The Grote Markt, the central square in the historic centre, is dominated by St Rumbold's Tower. You can see it wherever you are. On the other side of the square is the Town Hall. Look at the houses round the Grote Markt. They are from different times and in different styles, including sixteenth-century renaissance and eighteenth-century rococo." 👉 Continue reading
- The "Vismarkt" : "Fish was first traded on the Vismarkt in 1531, after the fish merchants were expelled from the IJzerenleen because of complaints about the smell of fish. There are still a few fish shops on the square today. The Vismarkt and the adjoining Nauwstraat are a hive of activity into the small hours. In the relaxed 'brown cafés', the stylish modern lounge bars and the trendy restaurants you will meet young and young-at-heart Mechelaars." 👉 Continue reading
- The "Korenmarkt' : "Having been given a makeover in 2011, the Korenmarkt is now a delightful place to chill out. In 2013 the square was even nominated for the 'Public Space Prize'. When the weather is fine you can soak up the relaxed atmosphere of the square at one of the street cafés or from the steps." 👉 Continue reading
🛍 For shopping
- Go to "Bruul" : "The Bruul is Mechelen's busiest shopping street. You may know it fromthe game of Monopoly. You can shop here to your heart's content in largehigh-street chains and charming boutiques." 👉 Continue reading
👩🎨 In for some culture ?
- Go to the cultural Square : "Around the square are the Cultural Centre, the Academy, the Municipal Conservatory and De Garage, space for contemporary art." 👉 Continue reading
🍝 We plan to go to Mechelen terraces in June, stay tuned for our favourite places 👀 Do you own a place and you want us to talk about you ? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or a DM via social media and.... see you very soon ❤️ #poppysupportslocal
The Poppy zone never stops growing 🚀🌍 Don't forget to be part of it and let us know where you want to enjoy our red vehicles ! Enjoy free unlocks during the month of June for all your trips starting or ending in the Mechelen zone 🎁